Apache OFBiz Webtools View Log screen cross-site scripting
|apache-ofbiz-cve20132137-xss (85874)||Medium Risk|
Apache OFBiz is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the View Log screen of the Webtools application. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of OFBiz (10.04.06, 11.04.03, or 12.04.02 or later), available from the Apache Web site. See References.
- Apache Web site: OFBiz.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sat Jul 20 2013: [CVE-2013-2137] Apache OFBiz XSS vulnerability in the "View Log" screen of the Webtools application.
- BID-61370: Apache OFBiz CVE-2013-2317 'View Log' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-2137: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the View Log screen in the Webtools application in Apache Open For Business Project (aka OFBiz) 10.04.01 through 10.04.05, 11.04.01 through 11.04.02, and 12.04.01 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- SA53910: Apache OFBiz Cross-Site Scripting and Nested Expression Evaluation Vulnerabilities
- Apache OFBiz 10.04.05
- Apache OFBiz 11.04.01
- Apache OFBiz 12.04.01
Jul 20, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.