PHP move_uploaded_file function could allow an attacker to create new files on the system
|php-moveuploadedfile-create-files (8591)||Medium Risk|
PHP could allow a remote attacker to create new files on the system. The PHP move_uploaded_file function does not have an open_dir check. This could allow a remote attacker to use the function to create new files on the system in directories where the Apache user has write access.
Refer to PHP Bug #16128 for fix information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Mar 17 2002 - 16:23:34 CST: move_uploaded_file breaks safe_mode restrictions in PHP.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Mar 21 2002 - 03:55:18 CST: move_uploaded_file breaks safe_mode restrictions in PHP.
- PHP Bug #16128: move_uploaded_file breaks safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions.
- PHP Group Web site: PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
- BID-4325: PHP Move_Uploaded_File Open_Basedir Circumvention Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0484: move_uploaded_file in PHP does not does not check for the base directory (open_basedir), which could allow remote attackers to upload files to unintended locations on the system.
- OSVDB ID: 5282: PHP move_uploaded_file Function Arbitrary File Upload
- PHP PHP 4.0 Beta3
- PHP PHP 4.0 RC1
- PHP PHP 4.0 Beta 4 Patch1
- PHP PHP 4.0 Beta2
- PHP PHP 4.0 RC2
- PHP PHP 4.0 Beta1
- PHP PHP 4.0 Beta4
- PHP PHP 4.0.0
- PHP PHP 4.0.1
- PHP PHP 4.0.2
- PHP PHP 4.0.3
- PHP PHP 4.0.4
- PHP PHP 4.0.5
- PHP PHP 4.0.6
- PHP PHP 4.0.7
- PHP PHP 4.1.0
- PHP PHP 4.1.1
- PHP PHP 4.1.2
Mar 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this