IBM Data Studio Web Console non-encrypted cookies
|datastudio-cve20134024-mitm (85931)||Low Risk|
A vulnerability in the Web Console application in IBM Data Studio Web Console, Optim Performance Manager, InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager, and DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. If the Web Console application is accessed via a network with HTTP, an attacker using man-in-the-middle techniques could recover packets for non-encrypted cookies that could potentially contain sensitive session information.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1650504 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1650504: Multiple vulnerabilities exist in IBM Data Studio Web Console, Optim Performance Manager, IBM InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager, and DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows (CVE-2013-4025, CVE-2013-4024, CVE-2013-4022).
- BID-62605: Multiple IBM Products CVE-2013-4024 Man In The Middle Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-4024: IBM Data Studio Web Console 3.x before 3.2, Optim Performance Manager 5.x before 5.2, InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager 2.x before 2.2, and DB2 Recovery Expert 2.x support HTTP access to the Web Console, which allows remote attackers to read session cookies by sniffing the network.
- OSVDB ID: 97667: IBM Multiple Product Web Console MitM Cookie Disclosure
- IBM Data Studio Web Console 3.1
- IBM Data Studio Web Console 3.1.1
- IBM DB2 Recovery Expert 2.0
- IBM DB2 Recovery Expert 2.1
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager 2.1
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager 5.1
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager 5.1.1
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager 22.214.171.124
Sep 23, 2013
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.