Symantec Web Gateway SWG login prompt command execution
|symantec-gateway-cve20134673-command-exec (85990)||Medium Risk|
Symantec Web Gateway could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by an error related to login prompt of the SWG console. If Radius authentication is enabled, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the Web console.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to SYM13-008 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [07-26-2013]: Symantec Web Gateway 5.1.0 - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Packet Storm Security [7-26-2013]: Symantec Web Gateway XSS / CSRF / SQL Injection / Command Injection.
- SYM13-008: Symantec Web Gateway Security Issues.
- BID-61105: Symantec Web Gateway CVE-2013-4673 Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-4673: The management console on the Symantec Web Gateway (SWG) appliance before 5.1.1 does not properly implement RADIUS authentication, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by leveraging access to the login prompt.
- SA54294: Symantec Web Gateway Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Symantec Web Gateway 5.1.0
Jul 25, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.