Linux Directory Penguin Traceroute remote command execution
|penguin-traceroute-command-execution (8600)||High Risk|
Penguin Traceroute fails to properly filter out certain shell metacharacters, such as the semi-colon ";" or pipe "|" character, from requests, which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the server with privileges of the Web server.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Mar 21 2002 - 08:16:21 CST: PHP script: Penguin Traceroute, Remote Command Execution.
- Linux Directory Web site: Penguin Traceroute.
- BID-4332: Linux Directory Penguin Traceroute Perl Script Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0488: Linux Directory Penguin traceroute.pl CGI script 1.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via shell metacharacters in the host parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 5286: Linux Directory Penguin Traceroute Host Parameter Arbitrary Command Execution
- Linux Directory Penguin Traceroute 1.0
Mar 21, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this