Linux Directory Penguin NsLookup remote command execution
|penguin-nslookup-command-execution (8601)||High Risk|
Penguin NsLookup fails to filter shell metacharacters from requests, which could allow a remote attacker to read arbitrary files or execute arbitrary commands on the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 22 2002 - 16:53:41 CST: Re: PHP script: Penguin Traceroute, Remote Command Execution.
- Linux Directory Web site: Penguin NsLookup.
- BID-4353: Linux Directory Penguin NSLookup Perl Script Arbitrary File Reading Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0489: Linux Directory Penguin NsLookup CGI script (nslookup.pl) 1.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via shell metacharacters in the (1) query or (2) type parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 10431: Linux Directory Penguin nslookup.pl Shell Metacharacter Arbitrary Command Execution
- Linux Directory Penguin NsLookup 1.0
Mar 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this