HP LaserJet URLs unauthorized access
|hp-laserjet-cve20134807-unauth-access (86178)||Medium Risk|
Multiple HP LaserJet products contain hidden URLs hardcoded in the firmware that fail to authenticate access. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to modify or view data, which could be used to launch further attacks on a vulnerable device.
Refer to HPSBPI02887 rev.2 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Aug 05 2013 - 05:15:37 CDT : HP LaserJet Pro printers remote admin password extraction.
- HPSBPI02887 rev.2: Certain HP LaserJet Pro Printers, Remote Information Disclosure.
- Packet Storm Security [08-06-2013]: HP LaserJet Credential Disclosure / Missing Authentication.
- BID-61565: Multiple HP LaserJet Pro Printers CVE-2013-4807 Unspecified Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-4807: Unspecified vulnerability on the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1606dn, M1212nf MFP, M1213nf MFP, M1214nfh MFP, M1216nfh MFP, M1217nfw MFP, M1218nfs MFP, and CP1025nw with firmware before 2013-07-26 20130703 allows remote attackers to modify data via unknown vectors.
- SA54319: HP LaserJet Pro Printers Unspecified Security Bypass Vulnerability
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw CE914A/CE918A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP CE841A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1213nf MFP CE845A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1214nfh MFP CE842A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1216nfh MFP CE843A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP CE844A
- HP LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP B4K88A
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w CE657A/CE658A
- HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn CE749A
Jul 31, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.