IBM iNotes ultra-light mode persistent cross-site scripting
|ibm-inotes-cve20134064-xss (86595)||Low Risk|
IBM iNotes is vulnerable to cross-site scripting in the ultra-light mode, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute malicious script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials or other sensitive information.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1659959 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1659959: IBM iNotes Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-4063, CVE-2013-4064, CVE-2013-4065).
- CVE-2013-4064: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in iNotes in IBM Domino 8.5.x before 8.5.3 FP6 and 9.0.x before 9.0.1, when ultra-light mode is enabled, allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, aka SPR PTHN9ARMFA.
- OSVDB ID: 101173: IBM iNotes Ultra-light Mode Unspecified Stored XSS
- SA56164: IBM Domino / iNotes Script Insertion and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- IBM iNotes 8.5
- IBM iNotes 8.5.1
- IBM iNotes 8.5.2
- IBM iNotes 8.5.3
- IBM iNotes 9.0
Dec 17, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.