IBM Rational ClearCase client script privilege escalation
|clearcase-cve20135373-priv-esc (86791)||Medium Risk|
A file permissions error with a script installed by default with IBM Rational ClearCase could be exploited by a local user to insert additional commands into the script. These commands would be executed by other users (privileged or unprivileged) that execute the script, leading to privilege escalation.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1648811 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1648811: Vulnerability in IBM Rational ClearCase remote client with potential for privilege escalation (CVE-2013-5373).
- BID-62623: IBM Rational ClearCase CVE-2013-5373 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5373: The RemoteClient component in IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0.0.03 through 8.0.0.07, and 8.0.1, uses world-writable permissions for the rcleartool script, which allows local users to gain privileges by appending commands.
- OSVDB ID: 97663: IBM Rational ClearCase Unspecified Script Insecure Permissions Local Privilege Escalation
- IBM Rational ClearCase 220.127.116.11
- IBM Rational ClearCase 18.104.22.168
- IBM Rational ClearCase 22.214.171.124
- IBM Rational ClearCase 126.96.36.199
- IBM Rational ClearCase 188.8.131.52
- IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0.1
Sep 16, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.