Multiple Cisco products ActiveMQ component denial of service
|cisco-cve20135488-dos (87026)||Medium Risk|
Multiple Cisco products based on Common Services are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the integration of the ActiveMQ component. By initiating a three-way handshake and opening several concurrent TCP sessions, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to consume all available memory resources and hang.
Denial of Service
Refer to Cisco Security Notice for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Cisco Security Notice: Common Services ActiveMQ Denial of Service Vulnerability .
- BID-62333: Multiple Cisco Products ActiveMQ CVE-2013-5488 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5488: Cisco Common Services, as used in Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS), Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Unified Service Monitor, and Cisco Unified Operations Manager, does not properly interact with the ActiveMQ component, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via simultaneous TCP sessions, aka Bug IDs CSCuh54766, CSCuh01267, CSCuh95976, and CSCuh95969.
- OSVDB ID: 97209: Cisco Multiple Product Common Services ActiveMQ TCP Request Saturation Memory Exhaustion Remote DoS
- SA54773: Cisco Multiple Products ActiveMQ Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SA54778: Cisco Multiple Products ActiveMQ Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco Prime Lan Management Solution
- Cisco Security Manager
- Cisco Unified Operations Manager (CuOM) 2.2
- Cisco Unified Service Monitor 1.0
Sep 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.