IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Monitoring Console cross-site scripting
|was-es-cve20135390-xss (87126)||Low Risk|
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the Monitoring Console. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1652630 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1652630: WebSphere eXtreme Scale Monitoring Console Web Vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-5390, CVE-2013-5393, CVE-2013-5394).
- BID-62994: IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Monitoring Console CVE-2013-5390 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5390: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the monitoring console in IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 8.5.0, and 8.6.0 allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 98434: IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Monitoring Console Unspecified Reflected XSS
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 7.1
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 7.1.1
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 8.5
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 8.6
Oct 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.