Simple Dropbox Upload plugin for WordPress multi.php file upload
|simpledropboxupload-multi-file-upload (87166)||Medium Risk|
Simple Dropbox Upload plugin for WordPress could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the multi.php script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Packet Storm Security [09-14-2013]: WordPress Simple Dropbox 1.8.8 Shell Upload.
- Simple Dropbox Upload plugin for WordPress Web site: WordPress ¿ WordPress Plugins.
- BID-62437: WordPress Simple Dropbox Upload 'multi.php' Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5963: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in multi.php in Simple Dropbox Upload plugin before 126.96.36.199 for WordPress allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading a file with an executable extension, then accessing it via a direct request to the file in wp-content/uploads/wpdb/.
- SA54856: WordPress Simple Dropbox Upload Plugin Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- WordPress Simple Dropbox Upload plugin for WordPress 1.8.8
- WordPress WordPress
Sep 14, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.