Cisco Unified Computing System
|cisco-ucs-cve20124094-dos (87370)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Unified Computing System is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a buffer overflow in the Smart Call Home function. By intercepting and spoofing control messages, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to Cisco Security Notice for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Cisco Security Notice: Cisco Unified Computing System Fabric Interconnect Denial of Service Vulnerability .
- BID-62616: Cisco Unified Computing System CVE-2012-4094 Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4094: Buffer overflow in the Smart Call Home feature in the fabric interconnect in Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service by reading and forging control messages associated with Smart Call Home reports, aka Bug ID CSCtl00198.
- Cisco Unified Computing System
Sep 23, 2013
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.