IBM Flex System Manager expired password access
|ibm-fsm-cve20135424-password (87486)||Medium Risk|
IBM Flex System Manager (FSM) could allow a remote attacker access to the FSM without knowledge of the system-level account (commonly referred to as USERID) when the current password for this account is expired. This vulnerability would allow the attacker to create accounts and run tasks as a rogue user. USERID and the rogue accounts will be running in the FSM restricted shell environment, which blocks the access that an account has to the FSM internal functions. This vulnerability only exists with the system-level account.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin MIGR-5093938 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin MIGR-5093938: IBM Flex System Manger expired USERID password vulnerability (CVE-2013-5424).
- CVE-2013-5424: IBM Flex System Manager (FSM) 1.3.0 allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions, and create new user accounts or execute tasks, by leveraging an expired password for the system-level account.
- OSVDB ID: 98920: IBM Flex System Manger (FSM) USERID Expired Password Authentication Bypass
- IBM Flex System Manager 1.3.0
Oct 22, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.