Cisco Unified Computing System fabric interconnect cross-site request forgery
|cisco-ucs-cve20124084-csrf (87679)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Unified Computing System is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the fabric interconnect (FI) web management interface. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to perform unauthorized actions. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Current customers should contact the vendor for update information. See References.
- Cisco Security Notice: Cisco Unified Computing System Fabric Interconnect Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability .
- BID-62851: Cisco Unified Computing System CVE-2012-4084 Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4084: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the web-management interface in the fabric interconnect (FI) component in Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of arbitrary users, aka Bug ID CSCtg20755.
- OSVDB ID: 98125: Cisco Unified Computing System Fabric Interconnect (FI) Web Interface Unspecified CSRF
- SA55203: Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Fabric Interconnect Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Cisco Unified Computing System
Oct 04, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.