OXID eShop getRecommSearch() function cross-site scripting
|oxid-eshop-cve20135913-xss (87760)||Medium Risk|
OXID eShop is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the getRecommSearch() function within recommlist.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the searchrecomm parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to OXID eShop Security Bulletin 2013-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- OXID eShop Bugtrack Web Site: 0005404: Parameter is not converted to special chars.
- OXID eShop Security Bulletin 2013-001: XSS.
- OXID eShop Web Site: OXID eShop.
- BID-62901: OXID eShop 'getRecommSearch()' Function Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5913: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the getRecommSearch function in recommlist.php in OXID eShop before 4.6.7, Professional and Community Edition 4.7.x before 4.7.8, and Enterprise Edition 5.x before 5.0.8 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the searchrecomm parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 98235: OXID eShop Unspecified Reflected XSS
- SA55193: OXID eShop "searchrecomm" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- OXID eShop Community 4.7.7
- OXID eShop Enterprise 5.0.7
- OXID eShop Professional 4.7.7
Oct 08, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.