Corel PaintShop dwmapi.dll code execution
|corel-paintshop-cve20130733-code-exec (87763)||High Risk|
Corel PaintShop could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by the loading of the (dwmapi.dll) dynamic-linked library in an insecure manner. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .jpg file from a WebDAV or SMB share using a vulnerable application, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via a malicious library to execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Corel Web site: PaintShop.
- BID-62836: Corel PaintShop Pro X5 and X6 'dwmapi.dll' DLL Loading Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0733: Untrusted search path vulnerability in Corel PaintShop Pro X5 and X6 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and earlier allows local users to execute arbitrary code and conduct DLL hijacking attacks via a Trojan horse dwmapi.dll that is located in the same folder as a .jpg file.
- OSVDB ID: 98163: Corel PaintShop Pro X5 / X6 dwmapi.dll Path Subversion Arbitrary DLL Injection Code Execution
- SA53618: Corel PaintShop Pro X5 / X6 Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Corel PaintShop Pro X5 184.108.40.206
- Corel PaintShop Pro X6 220.127.116.11
Oct 04, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.