Microsoft OWC Spreadsheet component "Paste" and "Copy" method could allow unauthorized clipboard access through Internet Explorer
|owc-spreadsheet-clipboard-access (8779)||Medium Risk|
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-044. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin M-117: Microsoft Office Web Components Vulnerabilities.
- GreyMagic Security Advisory GM#007-IE: Controlling the clipboard with OWC in IE.
- Internet Security Systems Security Alert, August 22, 2002: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Web Components.
- Microsoft Office Download Center: Office XP Tool: Web Components.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-044: Unsafe Functions in Office Web Components (Q328130).
- BID-4457: Microsoft Office Web Components Clipboard Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0861: Microsoft Office Web Components (OWC) 2000 and 2002 allows remote attackers to bypass the Allow paste operations via script setting, even when it is disabled, via the (1) Copy method of the Cell object or (2) the Paste method of the Range object.
- Microsoft BackOffice 2000
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2000
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2002
- Microsoft ISA Server 2000
- Microsoft Money 2002
- Microsoft Money 2003
- Microsoft Office 2000
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office Web Components 2000
- Microsoft Office Web Components 2002
- Microsoft Project 2002
- Microsoft Project Server 2002
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2000
Apr 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this