Juniper Junos Flow Daemon buffer overflow
|juniper-junos-cve20136013-bo (87847)||High Risk|
Juniper Junos is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the SRX Series flow daemon (flowd). If telnet pass-through authentication is configured on the firewall, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted telnet message to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Refer to JSA10594 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- JSA10594: Junos: SRX flowd core due to buffer overflow while processing telnet protocol (CVE-2013-6013) .
- BID-62962: Juniper Networks Junos Telnet Messages Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6013: Buffer overflow in the flow daemon (flowd) in Juniper Junos 10.4 before 10.4S14, 11.4 before 11.4R7-S2, 12.1.X44 before 12.1X44-D15, 12.1X45 before 12.1X45-D10 on SRX devices, when using telnet pass-through authentication on the firewall, might allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted telnet message.
- SA55109: Juniper Junos Telnet Messages Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Juniper JUNOS 10.4
- Juniper JUNOS 11.4
Oct 10, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.