Cart66 Lite plugin for WordPress admin.php cross-site request forgery
|wp-cart66-cve20135977-admin-csrf (87874)||Medium Risk|
Cart66 Lite plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin.php script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to perform unauthorized actions. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Upgrade to the latest version of Cart66 Lite plugin for WordPress (220.127.116.11 or later), available from the WordPress Plugin Directory Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Oct 11 2013 - 11:37:21 CDT: Wordpress Cart66 Plugin 18.104.22.168 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [10-14-2013]: Wordpress Cart66 Plugin 22.214.171.124 - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Packet Storm Security [10-11-2013]: WordPress Cart66 126.96.36.199 Cross Site Request Forgery / Cross Site Scripting.
- WordPress Plugin Directory: Cart66 Lite.
- BID-62975: WordPress Cart66 Lite Plugin CVE-2013-5977 Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5977: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in Cart66Product.php in the Cart66 Lite plugin before 188.8.131.52 for WordPress allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that (1) create or modify products or conduct cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks via the (2) Product name or (3) Price description field in a product save action via a request to wp-admin/admin.php.
- OSVDB ID: 98352: Cart66 Plugin for WordPress admin.php cart66-products Page Product Manipulation CSRF
- SA55265: WordPress Cart66 Lite Plugin Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- WordPress Cart66 Lite plugin for WordPress 184.108.40.206
- WordPress WordPress
Oct 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.