IBM QRadar SIEM "Right Click Plugin" cross-site scripting
|ibm-qradar-cve20135448-xss (87912)||Medium Risk|
IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting within the "Right Click Plugin" context menus for IP information. This issue is only apparent when the plugin menu is enabled (via ip_context_menu.xml file), and is not enabled by default. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a malicious URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser, once the URL is clicked.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1656875 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1656875: Multiple vulnerabilities in IBM QRadar SIEM (CVE-2013-5448, CVE-2013-6307, CVE-2013-5463).
- JSA10614: Security Threat Response Manager: Multiple vulnerabilities .
- BID-63938: IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager CVE-2013-5448 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5448: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Right Click Plugin context menus in IBM Security QRadar SIEM 7.1 and 7.2 before 7.2 MR1 Patch 1 allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 100389: IBM QRadar SIEM IP Information Right Click Plugin Context Menu XSS
- SA55891: IBM QRadar SIEM "Right Click Plugin" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SA56949: Juniper Security Threat Response Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) 7.1
- IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) 7.2
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2010
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2012
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2013.1
Nov 25, 2013
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.