Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise XML injection
|sybase-ase-cve20136025-xml-injection (88105)||Low Risk|
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) is vulnerable to XML injection, caused by an error when processing XML external entities by the XMLParse procedure. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted SQL request to read files or possibly conduct other attacks on the vulnerable system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the Sybase Web site. See References.
- Sybase Web site: Downloads.
- BID-63193: SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise XML External Entity Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6025: The XMLParse procedure in SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 ESD 2 allows remote authenticated users to read arbitrary files via a SQL statement containing an XML document with an external entity declaration in conjunction with an entity reference, related to an XML External Entity (XXE) issue.
- SA55377: Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise XML External Entities Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#303900: SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise vulnerable to XML injection
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ESD 2
Oct 17, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.