WatchGuard Firebox SOHO allows users to bypass IP restrictions
|firebox-soho-bypass-restrictions (8814)||Medium Risk|
WatchGuard Firebox could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error that causes the IP restrictions on custom services to fail occasionally, which could allow an attacker to access custom services. The rules of the IP restrictions would have to be re-applied in order to regain normal functionality.
Upgrade to the latest version of WatchGuard Firebox SOHO firmware (5.0.35a or later), available from the WatchGuard LiveSecurity Service Web site. See References.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Wed Apr 10 2002 - 06:56:53 CDT: KPMG-2002008: Watchguard SOHO IP Restrictions Flaw. (From Neohapsis archive)
- WatchGuard LiveSecurity Service Web site: LiveSecurity Service.
- BID-4491: WatchGuard SOHO Firewall Vanishing IP Restrictions Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0528: Watchguard SOHO firewall 5.0.35 unpredictably disables certain IP restrictions for customized services that were set before the administrator upgrades to 5.0.35, which could allow remote attackers to bypass the intended access control rules.
- OSVDB ID: 4406: WatchGuard Firebox SOHO IP Restriction Bypass
- WatchGuard WatchGuard Firebox SOHO 5.0.35
Apr 10, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this