IBM SmartCloud Provisioning and PureApplication System CLI unauthorized privilege escalation
|ibm-smartcloud-cve20135455-priv-esc (88254)||Medium Risk|
A vulnerability in the IBM SmartCloud Provisioning and PureApplication System command line interface (CLI) could allow a remote authenticated attacker with read only privileges to gain additional privileges on the system. An attacker could use a specific CLI command to start, stop, or delete any virtual system.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1657949: Vulnerability in command line interface (CVE-2013-5455).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1659206: Security vulnerability found in the command-line interface for PureApplication System (CVE-2013-5455).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1663379: Security Bulletin:IBM Workload Deployer - Security vulnerability found in the command-line interface (CVE-2013-5455).
- BID-64143: IBM SmartCloud Provisioning CVE-2013-5455 Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5455: IBM SmartCloud Provisioning 2.1 before FP3 IF0001 allows remote authenticated users to modify virtual-system deployment via deployer.virtualsystems CLI commands, as demonstrated by a deletion using a deployer.virtualsystems[#].delete command.
- OSVDB ID: 100658: IBM SmartCloud Provisioning deployer.virtualsystems CLI Commands Virtual-system Deployment Manipulation Weakness
- SA55747: IBM SmartCloud Provisioning Virtual System CLI Commands Security Bypass Security Issue
- SA56195: IBM PureApplication System CLI Commands Security Bypass Security Issue
- SA56816: IBM Workload Deployer CLI Commands Security Bypass Security Issue
- IBM PureApplication System 1.0
- IBM PureApplication System 1.1
- IBM SmartCloud Provisioning 2.1
- IBM Workload Deployer System 22.214.171.124
Dec 05, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.