IBM Informix Web Datablade Module HTML decoding of SQL Query
|informix-wbm-sql-decoding (8827)||Medium Risk|
Informix Web Datablade Module does not properly filter HTML encoded input and is decoded by Web Datablade SQL queries. This could allow an attacker to develop insecure programs on the system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Apr 11 2002 - 10:00:11 CDT: IBM Informix Web DataBlade: Auto-decoding HTML entities.
- BID-4498: IBM Informix Web Datablade SQL Query HTML Decoding Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0555: IBM Informix Web DataBlade 4.12 unescapes user input even if an application has escaped it, which could allow remote attackers to execute SQL code in a web form even when the developer has attempted to escape it.
- OSVDB ID: 9681: IBM Informix Web DataBlade Input Filtering Weakness SQL Injection
- IBM Informix Web DataBlade 4.12
Apr 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this