StepWeb Search (SWS) insecure admin page
|sws-insecure-admin-page (8849)||Medium Risk|
StepWeb Search (SWS) could allow a remote attacker to gain "admin" privileges. If a remote attacker can determine the location of the "admin.html" file, the attacker could gain elevated privileges on the system to perform actions, such as adding addresses to the search database or viewing of the log file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Apr 11 2002 - 21:07:54 CDT: SWS Vuln (small but important to those using it.).
- StepWeb Web site: Welcome to StepWeb.Com Online.
- BID-4503: StepWeb Search Engine Admin Webpage Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0537: The admin.html file in StepWeb Search Engine (SWS) 2.5 stores passwords in links to manager.pl, which allows remote attackers who can access the admin.html file to gain administrative privileges to SWS.
- OSVDB ID: 11868: StepWeb Search Engine admin.html Password Disclosure
- StepWeb StepWeb Search 2.5
Apr 12, 2002