StepWeb Search (SWS) insecure admin page
|sws-insecure-admin-page (8849)||Medium Risk|
StepWeb Search (SWS) could allow a remote attacker to gain "admin" privileges. If a remote attacker can determine the location of the "admin.html" file, the attacker could gain elevated privileges on the system to perform actions, such as adding addresses to the search database or viewing of the log file.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Apr 11 2002 - 21:07:54 CDT: SWS Vuln (small but important to those using it.).
- StepWeb Web site: Welcome to StepWeb.Com Online.
- BID-4503: StepWeb Search Engine Admin Webpage Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0537: The admin.html file in StepWeb Search Engine (SWS) 2.5 stores passwords in links to manager.pl, which allows remote attackers who can access the admin.html file to gain administrative privileges to SWS.
- OSVDB ID: 11868: StepWeb Search Engine admin.html Password Disclosure
- StepWeb StepWeb Search 2.5
Apr 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this