FileSeek.cgi command execution
|fileseek-cgi-command-execution (8857)||High Risk|
FileSeek fails to properly filter special escape characters from URL requests. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the FileSeek script containing the pipe "I" or semi-colon ";" character to execute arbitrary commands on the server.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, as listed in DSINet Advisory 16-Apr-2002. See References.
- aCid fAlz Advisories #112: CGI: FileSeek2.cgi/FileSeek.cgi.
- DSINet Advisory 16-Apr-2002: FileSeek cgi script Advisory.
- BID-6783: FileSeek CGI Script Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0612: FileSeek.cgi allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the (1) head or (2) foot parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 3587: FileSeek FileSeek.cgi Arbitrary Command Execution
- Craig Patchett FileSeek.cgi
- Craig Patchett FileSeek2.cgi
Apr 16, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this