FileSeek.cgi "dot dot" directory traversal
|fileseek-cgi-directory-traversal (8858)||Medium Risk|
FileSeek could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing special "dot dot" sequences (in the form of //....//) to traverse directories and download any file from the server.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, as listed in DSINet Advisory 16-Apr-2002. See References.
- DSINet Advisory 16-Apr-2002: FileSeek cgi script Advisory.
- BID-6784: FileSeek CGI Script File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0611: Directory traversal vulnerability in FileSeek.cgi allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a ....// (modified dot dot) in the (1) head or (2) foot parameters, which are not properly filtered.
- OSVDB ID: 3589: FileSeek FileSeek.cgi Arbitrary File Access
- Craig Patchett FileSeek.cgi
- Craig Patchett FileSeek2.cgi
Apr 16, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this