FOSCAM IP-Cameras SSID cross-site scripting
|foscam-ipcameras-cve20135215-xss (88629)||Medium Risk|
FOSCAM IP-Cameras is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the access point SSID in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- FOSCAM Web Site: FOSCAM IP-Cameras.
- Packet Storm Security [11-07-2013]: FOSCAM Wireless IP Camera Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-63583: FOSCAM Wireless IP Camera CVE-2013-5215 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5215: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the web interface WiFi scan option in FOSCAM Wireless IP Cameras allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the SSID.
- OSVDB ID: 99550: FOSCAM Wireless IP Camera Management Interface Wireless Network SSID Stored XSS
- SA55080: Foscam MJPEG Series IP Cameras Web Interface SSID Script Insertion Vulnerability
- FOSCAM IP-Cameras
Nov 07, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.