PVote could allow an attacker to add or delete arbitrary polls
|pvote-add-delete-polls (8877)||Low Risk|
PVote could allow a remote attacker to add or delete arbitrary polls. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the add.php or del.php script to bypass user restrictions and add or delete arbitrary polls.
Upgrade to the latest version of PVote (1.9 or later), available from the PVote Web page. See References.
- PVote Web site: PVote Online Voting System (PHP & MySQL).
- Telhack Security Advisory - #1: Multiple vulnerabilities in PVote 1.5.
- BID-4540: PVote Poll Content Manipulation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0588: PVote before 1.9 does not authenticate users for restricted operations, which allows remote attackers to add or delete polls by modifying parameters to (1) add.php or (2) del.php.
- OSVDB ID: 14423: PVote add.php No Authentication Arbitrary Poll Manipulation
- OSVDB ID: 14424: PVote del.php No Authentication Arbitrary Poll Manipulation
- Steve Korbett PVote prior to 1.9
Apr 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this