PVote could allow an attacker to change the administrator password
|pvote-change-admin-password (8878)||Medium Risk|
PVote could allow a remote attacker to change the administrator's password. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the ch_info.php script to bypass user restrictions and change the administrator's password to any value.
Upgrade to the latest version of PVote (1.9 or later), available from the PVote Web page. See References.
- PVote Web site: PVote Online Voting System (PHP & MySQL).
- Telhack Security Advisory - #1: Multiple vulnerabilities in PVote 1.5.
- BID-4541: PVote Unauthorized Administrative Password Change Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0589: PVote before 1.9 allows remote attackers to change the administrative password and gain privileges by directly calling ch_info.php with the newpass and confirm parameters both set to the new password.
- OSVDB ID: 14425: PVote ch_info.php Unauthenticated Admin Password Modification
- Steve Korbett PVote prior to 1.9
Apr 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this