IncrediBB HTML tag cross-site scripting
|incredibb-html-xss (8879)||Medium Risk|
IncrediBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could post a message that contains malicious script embedded within HTML tags in the title or body field, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser once the message is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal a user's cookies.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- IncrediBB Web site: IncrediBB.com.
- Telhack 026 Inc. Security Advisory - #2: IcrediBB 1.1, Cross Site Scripting vulnerability.. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-4548: IcrediBB Script Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0590: Cross-site scripting (CSS) vulnerability in IcrediBB 1.1 Beta allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script and steal cookies as other IcrediBB users via the (1) title or (2) body of posts.
- OSVDB ID: 9244: IcrediBB Message Post Multiple Field XSS
- IcrediBB Design Team IncrediBB 1.1
Apr 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this