PostBoard encoded BBCode tag denial of service
|postboard-bbcode-dos (8883)||Medium Risk|
PostBoard is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could post a message containing malformed BBCode tags, that when encoded to HTML, could cause database corruption or excessive use of memory resources. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Apr 16 2002 - 18:25:53 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in PostBoard.
- NukeAddOn Web site: Post-Nuke Add-On :: The Future of the Web.
- BID-4562: PostBoard BBCode Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0534: PostBoard 2.0.1 and earlier with BBcode allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) and corrupt the database via null \0 characters within [code] tags.
- OSVDB ID: 14414: PostBoard BBcode Null Character CPU Exhaustion DoS
- PostNuke PostBoard 2.0
- PostNuke PostBoard 2.0.1
Apr 16, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this