IBM WebSphere Portal WCM cross-site scripting
|was-portal-cve20136328-xss (88909)||Medium Risk|
IBM WebSphere Portal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Web Content Manager (WCM) UI. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1660011 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1660011: Fixes available for Security Vulnerabilities in IBM WebSphere Portal.
- BID-64495: IBM WebSphere Portal WCM Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6328: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Web Content Manager (WCM) UI in IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1.0.x through 126.96.36.199 CF27, 6.1.5.x through 188.8.131.52 CF27, 7.0.0.x through 184.108.40.206 CF26, and 8.0.0.x before 220.127.116.11 CF09 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors involving IFRAME elements.
- OSVDB ID: 101269: IBM WebSphere Portal Unspecified Reflected XSS
- IBM WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168
- IBM WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124
- IBM WebSphere Portal 126.96.36.199
- IBM WebSphere Portal 188.8.131.52
- IBM WebSphere Portal 184.108.40.206
- IBM WebSphere Portal 220.127.116.11
- IBM WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168
- IBM WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124
- IBM WebSphere Portal 126.96.36.199
- IBM WebSphere Portal 188.8.131.52
- IBM WebSphere Portal 184.108.40.206
- IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0
- IBM WebSphere Portal 220.127.116.11
- IBM WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168
- IBM WebSphere Portal 8.0
- IBM WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124
Dec 20, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.