Matu FTP client long string buffer overflow
|matu-ftp-long-string-bo (8911)||High Risk|
Matu FTP is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long string to the FTP client when a connection is initiated, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the client system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Apr 22 2002 - 04:45:46 CDT: Matu FTP remote buffer overflow vulnerability.
- BID-4572: Matu FTP Client Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0608: Buffer overflow in Matu FTP client 1.74 allows remote FTP servers to execute arbitrary code via a long 220 banner.
- OSVDB ID: 14429: Matu FTP Client 220 Banner Processing Overflow
- Matu Software Matu FTP 1.74
Apr 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this