LabVIEW HTTP GET request denial of service
|labview-http-get-dos (8919)||Medium Risk|
LabVIEW is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If the LabVIEW Web server is running with logging enabled, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP GET request to cause all LabVIEW programs to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Apr 23 2002 - 00:51:39 CDT: LabVIEW Web Server DoS Vulnerability.
- National Instruments KnowledgeBase Article 2KIB485E: Crashing LabVIEW Through the G Web Server Using TCP VIs.
- National Instruments Web site: NI LabVIEW - Products and Services - National Instruments.
- BID-4577: National Instruments LabVIEW HTTP Request Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0748: LabVIEW Web Server 5.1.1 through 6.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an HTTP GET request that ends in two newline characters, instead of the expected carriage return/newline combinations.
- OSVDB ID: 5119: LabVIEW Web Server HTTP Get Newline DoS
- National Instruments Corporation LabVIEW 5.1.1 to 6.1
Apr 23, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this