BlackBerry Link Per Manager security bypass
|blackberry-cve20136798-sec-bypass (89202)||Medium Risk|
BlackBerry Link could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the failure to properly determine the user account for execution of Peer Manager in certain situations involving successive logins with different accounts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using IPv6 WebDAV requests to bypass restrictions on remote file-access folders.
Refer to BSRT 2013-012 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BSRT 2013-012: Vulnerability in remote file access feature impacts BlackBerry Link.
- CVE-2013-6798: BlackBerry Link before 18.104.22.168 on Windows and before 1.1.1 build 39 on Mac OS X does not properly determine the user account for execution of Peer Manager in certain situations involving successive logins with different accounts, which allows context-dependent attackers to bypass intended restrictions on remote file-access folders via IPv6 WebDAV requests, a different vulnerability than CVE-2013-3694.
- Apple Mac OS X
- Blackberry Blackberry Link 22.214.171.124
- Blackberry Blackberry Link 126.96.36.199
- Blackberry Blackberry Link 188.8.131.52
- Blackberry Blackberry Link 184.108.40.206
- Blackberry Blackberry Link 220.127.116.11
- Microsoft Windows
Nov 12, 2013
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.