MOSIX malformed packet denial of service
|mosix-malformed-packet-dos (8927)||Medium Risk|
MOSIX and openMosix are vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker could send a series of malformed packets to a MOSIX system to cause the system to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:11:54 CDT: Denial of Service in Mosix 1.5.x.
- MOSIX Web site: MOSIX.
- openMosix Web site: openMosix, an Open Source Linux Cluster Project.
- BID-4580: Mosix Malformed Packet Handling Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-2079: mosix-protocol-stack in Multicomputer Operating System for UnIX (MOSIX) 1.5.7 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via malformed packets.
- OSVDB ID: 60053: Multicomputer Operating System for UnIX (MOSIX) mosix-protocol-stack Malformed Packet Handling Remote DoS
- MOSIX Group MOSIX 1.5.7
- openMosix openMosix 2.4.17
Apr 23, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this