Ganglia Web get_context.php cross-site scripting
|gangliaweb-cve20136395-xss (89272)||Medium Risk|
Ganglia Web is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the get_context.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the $user['host_regex'] parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ganglia (3.5.11 or later), available from the Ganglia Web site. See References.
- Debian Bug report logs - #730507: ganglia-web: CVE-2013-6395: XSS flaw in Ganglia web interface.
- Ganglia Web Site: Ganglia Web.
- oss-sec Mailing List, Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:39:49 -0700: Re: CVE request: XSS flaw in Ganglia web interface.
- BID-63921: Ganglia Web 'get_context.php' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6395: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in header.php in Ganglia Web 3.5.8 and 3.5.10 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the host_regex parameter to the default URI, which is processed by get_context.php.
- SA55854: Ganglia Web "host_regex" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Ganglia Ganglia Web 3.5.10
- Ganglia Ganglia Web 3.5.8
Nov 26, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.