IBM SPSS SamplePower ActiveX control code execution
|ibm-spss-cve20136724-code-exec (89279)||High Risk|
The IBM SPSS SamplePower ActiveX control (Vsflex8l) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long string argument to the insecure ComboList property, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1663250 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1663250 : IBM SPSS SamplePower vsflex8l ActiveX Control ComboList Property Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (CVE-2013-6724).
- BID-65273: IBM SPSS SamplePower 'vsflex8l' ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6724: Unspecified vulnerability in the vsflex8l ActiveX control in IBM SPSS SamplePower 3.0.1 before FP1 IF1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted ComboList property value.
- SA56590: IBM SPSS SamplePower Vsflex8l ActiveX Control ComboList Property Code Execution Vulnerability
- IBM SPSS SamplePower 3.0.1
Jan 30, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.