IBM Websphere Application Server cross-site scripting
|ibm-was-cve20136725-xss (89280)||Low Risk|
IBM WebSphere Application Server may be vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of input in the Administrative Console. A remote attacker with Administrative authority could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to inject script into a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1661323: Potential Security Vulnerabilities fixed in IBM WebSphere Application Server 126.96.36.199.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1661325: Potential Security Vulnerabilites fixed in IBM WebSphere Application Server 188.8.131.52.
- BID-65099: IBM WebSphere Application Server in the Administrative Console Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6725: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Administrative Console in IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x before 184.108.40.206, 8.0.x before 220.127.116.11, and 8.5.x before 18.104.22.168 allows remote authenticated administrators to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a crafted URL.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5
Jan 14, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.