IBM WebSphere Dashboard Framework file access
|ibm-websphere-cve20136728-file-access (89283)||Medium Risk|
WebSphere Dashboard Framework contains a vulnerability in a charting feature used to access and delete generated images in a temporary folder. In general this charting feature would be protected by security constraints that limit its use to authenticated users. However, it is possible that customers may misconfigure these security constraints allowing unauthenticated access to the feature. It's also possible that an authenticated yet malicious user could employ the feature to retrieve and delete files.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1663022: WebSphere Dashboard Framework contains a vulnerability that allows file access and deletion.
- CVE-2013-6728: The charting component in IBM WebSphere Dashboard Framework (WDF) 6.1.5 and 7.0.1 allows remote attackers to view or delete image files by leveraging incorrect security constraints for a temporary directory.
- IBM WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5
- IBM WebSphere Dashboard Framework 7.0.1
Feb 04, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.