vqServer sample CGI scripts allow cross-site scripting attacks
|vqserver-samples-xss (8935)||Medium Risk|
vqServer is vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks. A remote attacker can use the sample CGI scripts installed by default with the vqServer to execute arbitrary code on a visitor's system.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Apr 21 2002 - 10:16:54 CDT: vqServer Demo Files Cross-Site Scripting.
- BID-4573: vqServer CGI Demo Program Script Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0731: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in demonstration scripts for vqServer allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script via a link that contains the script in arguments to demo scripts such as respond.pl.
- OSVDB ID: 9243: vqSoft vqServer respond.pl Script Argument XSS
- Apple Macintosh
- vqSoft vqServer 1.9.55 or prior
Apr 21, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this