Multiple VMware products lgtosync.sys privilege escalation
|vmware-cve20133519-priv-esc (89416)||Medium Risk|
Multiple VMware products could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system, caused by an error in the LGTOSYNC.SYS driver. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to manipulate the memory allocation and gain privileges on the system.
Refer to VMSA-2013-0014 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update from your vendor.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1664863: Vulnerabilities in multiple VMware products for CloudBurst.
- VMSA-2013-0014: VMware Workstation, Fusion, ESXi and ESX patches address a guest privilege escalation.
- BID-64075: Multiple VMware Products CVE-2013-3519 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-3519: lgtosync.sys in VMware Workstation 9.x before 9.0.3, VMware Player 5.x before 5.0.3, VMware Fusion 5.x before 5.0.4, VMware ESXi 4.0 through 5.1, and VMware ESX 4.0 and 4.1, when a 32-bit Windows guest OS is used, allows guest OS users to gain guest OS privileges via an application that performs a crafted memory allocation.
- SA55684: VMware Multiple Products LGTOSYNC Guest Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- IBM CloudBurst 1.2
- IBM CloudBurst 2.0
- IBM CloudBurst 2.1
- VMware ESX Server 4.0
- VMware ESX Server 4.1
- VMware ESX Server 5.0
- VMware Esxi 4.0
- VMware Esxi 4.1
- VMware ESXi 5.0
- VMware Fusion 5.0
- VMware Player 5.0
- VMware Workstation 9.0
Dec 03, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this