DELL SonicWALL ematStaticAlertTypes.jsp cross-site scripting
|sonicwall-ematstaticalerttypes-xss (89462)||Medium Risk|
DELL SonicWALL GMS/Analyzer/UMA is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the ematStaticAlertTypes.jsp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the valfield_1 and value_1 fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (Hotfix 134235), available from the Dell SonicWALL Web Site. See References.
- Dell SonicWALL Web site: SonicWALL Worldwide - Dell SonicWALL, Inc..
- Full Disclosure Mailing List, Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:59:56 +0100: Sonicwall GMS v7.x - Filter Bypass & Persistent Vulnerability.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-05-2013]: Sonicwall GMS v7.x - Filter Bypass & Persistent Vulnerability (0Day).
- Packet Storm Security [12-06-2013]: Sonicwall GMS 7.x Filter Bypass.
- SonicWALL Web site: Dell SonicWALL GMS Service Bulletin for Cross - Site Scripting Vulnerability.
- BID-64103: Multiple Dell SonicWALL Products Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-7025: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in ematStaticAlertTypes.jsp in the Alert Settings section in Dell SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS), Analyzer, and UMA EM5000 7.1 SP1 before Hotfix 134235 allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) valfield_1 or (2) value_1 parameter to createNewThreshold.jsp.
- OSVDB ID: 100610: SonicWALL Multiple Products /sgms/ematStaticAlertTypes.jsp Multiple Parameter Stored XSS
- SA55923: SonicWALL Multiple Products Two Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- DELL SonicWALL Analyzer 7.0
- DELL SonicWALL Analyzer 7.1
- DELL SonicWALL GMS 7.0
- DELL SonicWALL GMS 7.1
- DELL SonicWALL UMA E5000 7.0
- DELL SonicWALL UMA E5000 7.1
Dec 05, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.