Net-SNMP subagent AgentX denial of service
|netsnmp-cve20126151-dos (89485)||Medium Risk|
Net-SNMP is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a timeout when the subagent AgentX is under a heavy load. By sending multiple GETNEXT requests, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the snmpd process to crash.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Net-SNMP Web site: Net-SNMP.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 1038007: (CVE-2012-6151) CVE-2012-6151 net-snmp: snmpd crashes/hangs when AgentX subagent times-out.
- BID-64048: Net-SNMP SNMPD AgentX Subagent Timeout Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-6151: Net-SNMP 5.7.1 and earlier, when AgentX is registering to handle a MIB and processing GETNEXT requests, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash or infinite loop, CPU consumption, and hang) by causing the AgentX subagent to timeout.
- RHSA-2014-0322: Moderate: net-snmp security update
- SA55804: Net-SNMP SNMPD GETNEXT Requests Timeout Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Net-SNMP Net-SNMP 5.7.1
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client Workstation
Dec 09, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.