IcoFX ICONDIRENTRY buffer overflow
|icofx-cve20134988-bo (89611)||Medium Risk|
IcoFX is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking while reading ICONDIRENTRY structure. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .ICO file, a local attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-07-2014]: IcoFX Stack Buffer Overflow.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-11-2013]: IcoFX 126.96.36.199 (.ico) - Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- Packet Storm Security [01-03-2014]: IcoFX Stack Buffer Overflow.
- Packet Storm Security [12-11-2013]: IcoFX 188.8.131.52 Buffer Overflow.
- BID-64221: IcoFX CVE-2013-4988 '.ico' File Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-4988: Stack-based buffer overflow in IcoFX 2.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long idCount value in an ICONDIR structure in an ICO file. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 100826: IcoFX ICO File Handling Buffer Overflow
- SA55964: IcoFX ICO Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IcoFX IcoFX 2.5
Dec 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.