Vtiger multiple cross-site scripting
|vtiger-multiple-xss (89662)||Medium Risk|
Vtiger is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the return_url parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Vtiger (6.0 or later), available from the Vtiger Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Dec 11 2013 - 11:08:28 CST : Vtiger 5.4.0 Reflected Cross Site Scripting.
- Packet Storm Security [12-12-2013]: Vtiger 5.4.0 Cross Site Scripting.
- Vtiger Web site: CRM | Vtiger CRM Software:.
- BID-64236: Vtiger 'return_url' Parameter Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-7326: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in vTiger CRM 5.4.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) return_url parameter to modules\com_vtiger_workflow\savetemplate.php, or unspecified vectors to (2) deletetask.php, (3) edittask.php, (4) savetask.php, or (5) saveworkflow.php.
- OSVDB ID: 100897: vTiger CRM \modules\com_vtiger_workflow\savetemplate.php return_url Parameter Reflected XSS
- Vtiger Vtiger 5.4.0
Dec 12, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.