IBM Sametime Meeting Server information disclosure
|ibm-sametime-cve20136742-info-disc (89858)||Low Risk|
Browsers have features that will save password field content entered by users and then automatically complete password entry the next time the field are encountered. For security reasons it is better to set the auto complete feature of the browser to "off" for all password fields. The application does not do this and this is fixed by the fix provided here.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1662928: Several Security Fixes to IBM Sametime Meeting Server. (CVE-2013-3983, CVE-2013-3978, CVE-2013-3988, CVE-2013-6742, CVE-2013-6743).
- BID-65608: IBM Sametime Meeting Server 'autocomplete' Attribute Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-6742: The Meeting Server in IBM Sametime 8.5.2 through 126.96.36.199 and 9.x through 188.8.131.52 do not have an off autocomplete attribute for a password field, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain access by leveraging an unattended workstation.
- IBM Sametime 184.108.40.206
- IBM Sametime 220.127.116.11
Feb 06, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.