HP MPE/iX FTPSRVR could allow unauthorized access
|hp-mpeix-ftp-access (8990)||High Risk|
HP MPE/iX could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to the system, caused by the improper validation of user-supplied commands to the FTP server (FTPSRVR).
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Hewlett-Packard Company Security Bulletin HPSBMP0204-014. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin M-075: HP Security Vulnerability in MPE/iX FTPSRVR.
- Hewlett-Packard Company Security Bulletin HPSBMP0204-014: Sec. Vulnerability in MPE/iX FTPSRVR. (From SecurityFocus archive.)
- BID-4652: HP MPE/iX FTPSRVR Arbitrary Shell Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0610: Vulnerability in FTPSRVR in HP MPE/iX 6.0 through 7.0 does not properly validate certain FTP commands, which allows attackers to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 11361: HP MPE/iX FTPSRVR FTP Command Privilege Escalation
- US-CERT VU#551683: Hewlett-Packard Company MPE/iX FTPSRVR does not properly validate certain commands
- HP MPE iX 6.0
- HP MPE iX 6.5
- HP MPE iX 7.0
May 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this